Sunday, March 17, 2019

Survey Taking- A worthwhile effort?

I thought I would like to share about what I have been recently doing and hear any opinions about it.

In December last year, my friend shared with me about taking surveys for some pocket money and I guess my curiosity got the better of me. Therefore, I decided to run a little experiment on my own and start to google and take some surveys to see how 'lucrative' it could be.

I have been taking surveys for 3 months and I went to check my Paypal wallet yesterday and I thought I would like to talk about the results to see if it was a worthwhile effort (or not) and whether you should consider it given the potential returns.


Firstly, I started a Paypal account back in December with a beginning balance of $0 and come March now, my balance is $183.74. The diagram further illustrates the breakdown on a monthly basis.



Secondly, I have been using mainly my travel time on the MRT to do surveys so instead of looking at photos on Instagram or surfing Facebook feeds, I thought why not monetize my free time?

$183.74 over a period of 3-4 months is about a monthly amount of $45-50. I would like to think of it as a nice amount which can pay off my phone bills. But that is how far it can go and no further.

Different readers will definitely draw their own conclusions from this post based on their very own experiences. But I will be looking forward to hear about your own experience and even advice regarding my little experiment.

And off to reading more financial news!

4 comments:

  1. My average takings is about $100 plus a month.
    In a year, I made about $1500. Enough for a short holiday. Not bad if you have time to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, What the survey sites that you sign up with? Legit? Pls share. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

OCBC Dividend too

 Another choice to make here: OCBC is offering a cash or stock option. Similarly to Mapletree NAC, I think cash is the way to go for this ti...