Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Economy, Trade-War

Some quick thoughts on the general economy!

Rate cuts seem to be pretty likely, supported by factors such as the trade war and pressure from Trump which could lead to a boosting of the economy. However, a slowdown in the global economy seems likely as I think stocks now are generally overvalued.

Had a look at the STI stock list too and it seems that most stocks now are hovering pretty high above their 52-week lows with exceptions which are highlighted below.


Generally, I will be looking to the market to drop further for Singapore as I think some stocks are really too expensive (double digit % difference from their lows) and I think there are more buying opportunities in Hong Kong which I mentioned in my previous post.

Trade safe everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OCBC Dividend too

 Another choice to make here: OCBC is offering a cash or stock option. Similarly to Mapletree NAC, I think cash is the way to go for this ti...